The First Month
The first month at City Futsal has been a whirl wind! It is amazing to watch and to be a part of something that everyone is so incredibly passionate about. An organization that is all rowing towards the same goal. That goal is to mentor, coach and produce the worlds greatest futsal and soccer players. Here are some quick thoughts on my journey the last 4 weeks.
1) It has never been more apparent that organized weight training is needed at around the ages of 12.
2) Kids below that age just need to experience and be introduced to movement that isn't involved in their primary sport.
3) Kid athletes are the greatest patients to work on and with. From my experience kids at City Futsal have been respectful and motivated. I've heard more "Thank You" and "Yes Sir" in the past 4 weeks, than I have in the past 2 years. This has reinstated my faith in humanity.
4) The past month has reminded me why I came into this profession, and what I was mean't to do on this planet. Somewhere along the line, I forgot the 'why?'. This month has reminded me that you can't change a Tiger's stripes. You are mean't to be, where you are mean't to be. And after 4 years of searching, I think I've finally found the spot.
5) Working for an organization that supports and wants you makes a world of a difference.
6) Previously, my attention had always been directed in 10 other ways, but these day's I am able to just focus on Sports Performance, Treatment, and Weight Lifting. This mean's I have been able to read and study more into the things that I love, and it has resulted in so many different new ideas and innovations. It is crazy how much more productive you can be when you aren't trying to be 100 different things to a 100 different people.